Monday, September 18, 2017

Vienna:

This won't take long: ugh.

Brollies
It was Sunday (nothing open), it was raining, it was the Hapsburgs.  That family was a plague upon humanity for centuries, and then they left behind an ugly city blanketed with their piggy palaces. And statues of themselves everywhere, posing as Greek gods.  Jeesus (no pun intended).

Speaking of plagues, here's their monument to the Black Plague (seriously):

Beautiful, or what?
(Please note the red Viking umbrellas.)

Speaking of ugly, their cathedral (St. Stephan's) is hands-down the most dismal I've ever seen, and I have been churched-out all over Europe:

Hideous
It was dark inside and not photogenic.  The padre was spouting something in German that sounded like "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God."  We got the hell out (pun intended).

Not the greatest day - but travel can be like that.  I'm sure the Esposa will elaborate with her own sneery vituperation.

(Today's photos of the Danube will be awesome.)

Screw the Hapsburgs.

No comments:

Post a Comment