Wednesday, November 7, 2018


FEMALE version re: Avignon

I, too, liked Avignon enormously: something about those walls. (Although they only gird the old city, and most people live outside of them.)



My delight with this town may have more to do, however, with the full afternoon I spent in it blissfully ALONE, free to wander while everyone else was touring. Paul left me peacefully drinking rosé in the market (obligatory market photos here).

The usual suspects

Oh, the indignity of it!



From the market, I eventually stumbled into the student quarter, where everything was at least half price (one euro bought me a hot, sugared crêpe). Eating it, I dawdled and meandered to this corner:


A sign on the door of the cat café said "10 Chats En Libre," all of which were adoptable. They sold lunches and wine and coffee, sensibly paired with the moggie of your choice nestled on couches. None of the absurd US health laws against serving the two together: kitties were draped everywhere. Alas, I'd just had that crêpe, so I vowed to return. (When I dragged Paul back there on Monday, it was of course closed.)

A few more Avignon sights, and thence to Nice.

Clever bike rack

Terminal ennui in the Popes' Palace

My kind of litter!




No comments:

Post a Comment