Saturday, January 28, 2017


PARIS, MALE VERSION:


Before we left Seattle, I haphazardly bought some Clarks so I wouldn't look like a gringo geek in sneakers walking around Paris.  Which I usually do.  The first real shoes I've purchased in about 15 years, and I even noticed locals checking them out on the tube.  Like, who is this hippie?  I must say, they have been a godsend, hoofing the streets here.  

I can't lie, I haven't done anything since we got to Paris a week ago, and we're leaving for Andalusia maƱana.  So I'll post photos:

Oh yeah - we went ice-skating up there.



Then we went to a bar on Blvd. St. Michel (Latin Quarter):

Underage Drinkers

After that we went to Notre Dame and fed the pigeons (see previous post).



Well, there WAS a French betty probably stalking me while I fed the birdies, but I politely told her, 'Non, merci.'

Obvious Gypsy 

  
Listened to a choir of angels sing Mass here on Sunday

On our way back to the flat, Robin and I ran into a very mysterious French intellectual swilling wine in a pub - but he declined to give us his name:



Mais, oui!

Later, some Germans showed up, and we did yoga every morning.  The thing about German yoga students, they do EVERYTHING they're told.


Doris and Pinche Lisa

Thanks to them, I went to the Cluny Museum of the Middle Ages.
Failed to finish his French onion soup

I have to say, it was pretty boring until we saw these:

Lady and Unicorn Tapestries

There are 6 of them, about 12' x 12' in one room - rather than mangle an explanation, here's a link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lady_and_the_Unicorn

After returning to the flat, Lisa polished off the rest of Donn's Icelandic vodka.  I helped:







Let's see... oh yes, Pamela and I also discovered a great place on Rue Lepic:

It's irresistible


Lux Bar Blondies


French Christmas Tree

We must have done something else but drink.  Oh yeah.  We ate.

Oh God - not another expensive dinner

Then later,

Drunken French Intellectuals



Obligatory bike photo:

Fr. Flea Mkt.


Time to leave Paree:




No comments:

Post a Comment